Tax & BusinessReal Estate, Retail & Consumer Products
James M. Philbin is a partner in the Firm’s Boston, Massachusetts office. Mr. Philbin is a member of the Firm’s New England and National Real Estate Industry Group. He has over 35 years of client advisory experience in tax, business consulting, and financial accounting and assurance services. Jim works with our closely-held businesses and families to help them with their business, estate and financial planning and tax needs.
In recognition of his considerable experience in personal financial planning, Mr. Philbin was awarded the designation of Personal Financial Specialist by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is also a Certified Financial Planner.
Mr. Philbin also works with many emerging businesses in such industries as technology, internet commerce and professional services. He has extensive experience with strategic tax planning for businesses and entity structuring for LLCs, Partnerships and Corporations. He also advises international companies on establishing a U.S. business presence, providing advisory and compliance support.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Philbin was a shareholder in a large, regional accounting firm in New England.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Irish Network Boston
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- NAIOP Massachusetts
- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA) retired
- My Brother’s Keeper, Inc. – Board Mamber and Treasurer
- Marion Manor, Board Member
- Foxboro Youth Basketball Association, Board Member, continuing volunteer
Awards & Honors
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Personal Financial Specialist, AICPA
- Certified Financial Planner