Partner-in-Charge, Assurance Services - New England
Jeffrey C. Solomon is the New England Partner-in-Charge of Assurance Services and serves as the national Technology & Life Sciences Industry group co-leader. He has 25 years of experience conducting audits and reviewing and analyzing financial information for various industries, including manufacturing and distribution, life sciences, higher technology, higher education, pension plans, gaming and tribal entities.
Mr. Solomon has extensive experience providing an array of services to public and private companies, including test program design and test implementation to assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, auditing and accounting, internal audit department outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions, implementation of new accounting pronouncements and due diligence procedures.
Mr. Solomon also has significant experience conducting corporate internal investigations on issues relating to financial reporting compliance pursuant to generally accepted accounting principles, misappropriation of assets, and internal control failures. In addition, he advises clients on disputes related to financial statement errors and fraud, and accounting representations and warranties.
Mr. Solomon’s experiences include significant audit services for international companies with operations in Canada, UK, Germany, Belgium, China, and Hong Kong.
In his current role, Mr. Solomon oversees all matters for the New England Assurance Group and serves as a mentor for several of Marcum’s associates.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors – Treasurer
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Board of Directors and Corporate Development Chair
- Concepts for Adaptive Learning, Former Chairman
- Greater New Haven Literacy Coalition, Former Board Member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Volunteer
- Woodbridge Fathers’ Baseball League, Volunteer
Awards & Honors
- New Haven’s Finest, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Forty Under Forty Award, New Haven Business Times
- Rising Star, Business New Haven