National Leader, Forensic Advisory Services
Jimmy Pappas is a partner in the Firm’s Boston office and national leader of the forensics practice. He has more than 20 years of experience advising legal counsel, management, and boards of directors on accounting, internal control, and complex financial matters related to internal investigations, civil and criminal litigation, and corporate governance. He has served a variety of clients including Fortune Global 500 companies.
Mr. Pappas’s expertise includes conducting corporate internal investigations on issues relating to financial statement fraud, corruption, misappropriation of assets, and internal control failures. In addition, he advises organizations on anti-fraud and anti-corruption compliance programs.
He is also frequently appointed as a testifying expert in accounting, fraud and corruption, and economic damages matters. He has testified on behalf of regulatory agencies such as the US Securities and Exchange Commission, and has advised plaintiffs and defendants in civil and criminal litigation. His litigation experience includes, in part: securities fraud, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, failed investments, business interruption claims, valuation disputes, post-acquisition disputes, and accounting malpractice.
Mr. Pappas maintains an active role within the industry and is frequently engaged to speak on compliance and regulatory matters at international conferences. He is a former member of the Joint Trial board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Advisory Council of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Business Valuation Resources – National Economic Damages Virtual Conference – Speaker, Editors Panel – Virtual, May 26-27, 2021
- National State Auditors Association – When Internal Control Failures Result in Crises – Lessons Learned from the MA RMV Investigation (Keynote Speaker) – Boston, USA / Virtual, June 3, 2020
- American Bar Association – Global White Collar Crime Institute, Global Anti-Corruption Trends (Panel Speaker), Prague, Czech Republic, June 28, 2019
- American Bar Association – Corporate Criminal Liability and International Internal Investigations – Evidence Gathering in a Global Internal Investigation – its limits and protections (Panel Speaker) – Frankfurt, Germany, May 25, 2018
- Oracle Industry Connect – Innovation in Financial Services – Regulatory Compliance Innovation (Panel Speaker) – New York, USA, April 11, 2018
- Financial Executives International – Fraud War Stories from First Responders – Be Ready if it Happens to You (Panel Speaker) – Boston, USA, March 14, 2018
Books and Journals (Author or Contributing Author)
- The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages
Sixth Edition Author and Editor, Business Valuation Resources 2020