John Heilmann IV is a partner in the Tax & Business Services group and key leader of the Private Equity Practice in the Philadelphia region. He has more than nine years of experience providing tax advisory, structuring, and compliance services to a wide array of clients across many industries, including private equity, hedge funds, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, real estate, transportation, cannabis, and healthcare.
Mr. Heilmann has significant transactional experience with private equity and special purpose acquisition company acquirers and sellers. He leads many buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence engagements and delivers tax structuring advice for mergers and acquisitions.
These engagements include both domestic and international targets spanning a variety of industries. Companies often call upon him to navigate through deal negotiations and complex structuring matters.
Mr. Heilmann also advises both private equity-backed and family-owned businesses on their income tax provisions, credit and incentive opportunities, and recurring tax compliance. He assists these companies in improving cash flow through tax deferral and minimization strategies.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Philadelphia Chapter, Member
- Aronimink Golf Club
- Leading Edge Alliance, Young Professionals Group
- Villanova University Alumni Association — Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Villanova University Young Alumni Circle