John Klenner is a Partner in the Assurance Services Division of the Firm’s New York City office. He has extensive experience working closely with publicly-held companies and private businesses that span several industries including financial services, technology, real estate, energy and e-commerce.
As a key member of the Firm’s SEC Practice Group and Transaction Services Group, Mr. Klenner assists clients with audits and financial reporting requirements including those for completing initial public offerings and advises on matters related to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and due diligence including business risk analysis. Mr. Klenner leads the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) Practice Group.
Mr. Klenner shares his knowledge internally as a trainer for various audit classes. In addition, he frequently authors articles for the Firm’s newsletter SEC Insights, a monthly publication of current issues facing publicly-traded companies.
Mr. Klenner has more than 25 years experience working in both public accounting and private industry. He joined the Firm in 2005. Previously, he was with two full-service hotels in Southern California prior to relocating to New York and working at two regional public accounting firms.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Chairmain, CEO and President of USTA Eastern, Inc. (Eastern Section of the United States Tennis Association)
- Member of the Budget Committee of United States Tennis Association, Incorporated
- Malaria No More, Treasurer