Office Managing Partner
John McGonigal is the Firm’s office managing partner in Philadelphia and the regional partner-in-charge of Assurance Services.
Mr. McGonigal is a highly experienced executive with over 30 years of providing a wide range of accounting and business advisory services to a diverse portfolio of public and privately held companies. He is seasoned in working with the evolving issues facing companies subject to SEC reporting requirements as well as providing leadership on strategic transactions. His unique value is demonstrated by his ability to quickly understand a company and its business operations, interact effectively with all levels of management, and assess organizational structure and management controls. He is viewed as a trusted business advisor as a result of the close working relationships he has developed with his clients, facilitating a deeper understanding of their business objectives which enables him to formulate high impact solutions.
Mr. McGonigal’s experience includes audit services for both medium and large private and publicly held companies with operations in the United States and around the world. These experiences include coordinating accounting, audit and advisory services, managing IPO’s, mergers, dispositions, public and private debt offerings, and guiding companies through the SEC comment letter process.
Mr. McGonigal was an audit partner for a national accounting firm, the managing partner of audit for a regional accounting firm, and spent over 21 years with a “Big 4” accounting firm, as a partner in the audit practice.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS), Board Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) Greater Philadelphia Chapter, former member, Executive Committee
- Widener University – Professional and Academic Advisory Board, Department of Accounting, Taxation, and Business Law