Tax & Business
Jonah Gruda is a tax partner in the Family Wealth Services Group in Marcum’s Long Island office. He is a trusted advisor to a diverse group of high net worth individuals, serving executives, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers, and entrepreneurs.
Jonah advises on complex tax matters and specializes in income taxation, executive compensation and stock option planning, estate and gift planning, and wealth preservation.
Prior to joining Marcum, Jonah was a U.S. practice leader for a large national accounting firm and spent more than 15 years developing business and technical expertise within the financial services industry.
He has been quoted by The New York Times, Crain’s, CNBC, and Long Island Business News and is regularly asked to speak on various complex tax issues on regional and national panels. He’s been named one of the “40 Under 40” by Long Island Business News, received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Pennsylvania State University and, in his spare time, is a private pilot.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee
- Individual Taxation Committee
Articles and Interviews
- Joe Biden Used This Strategy to Trim His Tax Bill. You Can, Too. CNBC, 2019
- Small Business Owners Look to Grab this 20% Tax. CNBC, 2019
- New Year, New Charitable Giving Strategy. Crain’s New York, 2018
- Picking the Best 529 Plan: You’re Probably Doing it Wrong. CNBA, 2018
- One Way to Pull the New Tax Law: Start an LLC. CNBC, 2018
- Individual Taxpayers Rush to Reap Tax Savings. Crain’s New York, 2016