Office Managing Partner, Downtown Cleveland
Jonathan Shoop is a partner in the region’s Assurance Services Group. His experience includes several years spent in public accounting, serving clients in the Greater Cleveland area, and working at a multinational manufacturer. Jonathan focuses on internal and external audit and attest services for clients in manufacturing and distribution industries. He is also very active with MAGNET (Manufacturing Advocacy & Growth Network) and Manufacturing Works (formerly WIRE-Net).
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan worked as a manager of external financial reporting for a Cleveland-based manufacturing company. He began his career at an international accounting firm as a manager in its Audit practice. Jonathan was a lead manager of fieldwork teams on both PCAOB audits and private company audits, specializing in clients in manufacturing and distribution industries.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Founder of Advocate Advisors, which provides representative bill-pay services to the chemically dependent and those with mental illness in Lake and Cuyahoga Counties
- Ravenwood Mental Health Center, former Board President
- Kent State University, Accounting Advisory Council, Member
- Manufacturing Works, Finance Committee Member
- LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt