Joseph Compton is a partner in the firm’s IT Risk and Advisory Services Division. With more than 30 years of IT and business management experience, Mr. Compton focuses on compliance and technology security management for regulated industries.
He started his career in IT infrastructure and systems management for a large liquid colorant manufacturer before moving into risk consulting. His experience in risk consulting includes SSAE 18 and SOC2 audits, GLBA Security Assessments, HIPAA, PCI, information technology risk management and business process improvement.
Mr. Compton’s experience spans the financial, healthcare, retail, service, manufacturing, distribution, and high tech industries. His qualifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Core Impact Credit Professional (CICP) and Core Impact Security Professional (CISP). He is also a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- International Information System (ISC2)
- Director Western Golf Association / Evans Scholar Foundation, 2019 – Present
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank Kitchen Cabinet, 2019 – Present
- Board of Diversity Center of Cleveland, 2017 – Present
- Chairman Emeritus Technology Committee Jewish Federation of Cleveland, 2012 – Present
- Cleveland Arts Prize, 2015 – 2017
- Board of Lake Catholic High School, 2010 – 2015