Joseph Compton is a director in the firm’s IT Risk and Advisory Services. With more than 32 years of IT and business management experience, he has spent the past 20 years focused on compliance and technology security management for regulated industries. Mr. Compton started his career in IT infrastructure and systems management for a large liquid colorant manufacturer before moving into risk consulting. His experience in risk consulting includes SSAE18 and SOC2 audits, GLBA Security Assessments, HIPAA, PCI, information technology risk management and business process improvement.
Mr. Compton’s experience spans the financial, healthcare, retail, service, manufacturing, distribution, and high tech industries. His qualifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Core Impact Credit Professional (CICP). He is also a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- International Information System (ISC2)
- Director Western Golf Association / Evans Scholar Foundation, 2019 – Present
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank Kitchen Cabinet, 2019 – Present
- Board of Diversity Center of Cleveland, 2017 – Present
- Chairman Emeritus Technology Committee Jewish Federation of Cleveland, 2012 – Present
- Cleveland Arts Prize, 2015 – 2017
- Board of Lake Catholic High School, 2010 – 2015