Justin Nepo is a partner in Marcum’s Philadelphia Office and a member of the Firm’s Assurance Services Division. He is the Mid-Atlantic leader of Marcum’s National Healthcare Team and Nonprofit Practice. Justin also is on Marcum’s National Revenue Recognition Committee. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the firm’s merger with Smart Devine, a leading full service accounting firm in Philadelphia, where he was the partner in charge of the governmental and nonprofit accounting and auditing practice. He also led the Firm’s Quality Control Program.
Justin has extensive experience in auditing behavioral health entities, including mental health facilities and drug and alcohol treatment centers. He also frequently provides strategic business consulting services to nonprofit organizations, such as budgeting, cashflow projections, and technical outsourcing solutions.
He is an actively involved in LeadingAge, the Pennsylvania Health Care Association and the Healthcare Financial Management Association Philadelphia Chapter, where he sits on the Post Acute Care Committee. He is also a frequent contributor to Marcum’s monthly healthcare industry newsletter, Trending in Healthcare.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter (HFMA)
- Post-Acute Care Committee Member
- Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Healthcare Committee Member
- Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Bringing Hope Home, Development Committee, 2014-2015
- Middletown Free Library Association, President, 2013-2015; Treasurer, 2011-2012; 2016
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Trending in Healthcare, “The Audit Process- A Best Practices Approach,” May 2017
- Trending in Healthcare, “Home Health Care Organizations,” November 2016
- Accounting & Auditing Best Practices Program, Greater Philadelphia Chapter PICPA, October 2015
- Accounting Update Conference, PICPA Annual Meeting, June 2015