Tax & Business
Karen Connair is a Partner in the Firm’s Costa Mesa, CA, Tax department and is a member of its Corporate Tax Compliance and Planning Group. She has over 25 years of experience working in both public accounting and private industry. Ms. Connair’s expertise includes tax compliance, tax accounting and tax consulting for large and middle—market closely held companies, partnerships, their owners and other high net worth individuals.
Prior to joining Marcum, Ms. Connair was distinguished as the first female Partner at a local Orange County accounting firm. Her experience also includes 17 years at a “Big Four” firm where she was responsible for providing all tax services (US, state, local and international) to her clients. She also worked on internal Tax Quality peer reviews throughout the Americas and has led numerous internal technical educational training sessions at both local and regional levels. Before reentering the public accounting field, she was the Tax Director for a commercial real estate developer.
Ms. Connair is an active member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), where she served as the 2014-2015 President for the Orange County/Long Beach chapter and currently chairs the chapter’s Financial Literacy program. At the state level, she was a chapter council representative and member of the Membership Committee. Previously, she was a committee representative for the 2014 Women’s Leadership Forum Planning Committee.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- CalCPA Orange County/Long Beach Chapter — Financial Literacy Chair
- CalCPA Orange County/Long Beach Chapter — President (2014-2015)
- CalCPA Orange County/Long Beach Chapter – State Council Representative (2012-2016)
- El Toro High School Instrumental Music and Pageantry — Former Treasurer
- St. George’s Academy — Former Board Member and Treasurer