Katherine McMillen is a senior manager in the Firm’s Forensic Advisory Services practice in Houston, Texas. Ms. McMillen has more than eight years of experience, including former “Big Four” and global consulting experience, in the areas of litigation support, fraud investigation, and anti-corruption regulatory compliance. Her areas of expertise include analyzing complex data, evaluating internal controls, and calculating economic damages.
Ms. McMillen’s past clients range from small, closely-held entities to publicly traded Fortune 500 companies and occupy a variety of industries, including energy, oilfield services, construction, information technology, educational institutions, industrial services, mortgage origination and servicing, wealth management, publishing, entertainment, retail, and telecommunications. She has assisted clients in various litigation matters, including embezzlement and asset misappropriation, fraudulent transfers, location of hidden assets, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder disputes, and valuation of assets.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Articles, Seminar and Presentations
- Are you Lying to Me? Reading Body Language in Internal Audits and Fraud Investigations, Internal Audit Academy, 2019
- When Helping Hands Help Themselves, Houston ACFE Chapter, 2019
- Forensic Audit: An Introduction, Sam Houston State University, 2018