Kathleen Suker is a senior manager in Marcum’s National Advisory/Business Valuation Group and is also a member of its Forensic/Litigation Support practice group. Ms. Suker primarily offers business valuation services to owners of closely-held businesses for use in gifting, estate planning, shareholder disputes and matrimonial dissolutions.
In addition to providing business valuation services, Ms. Suker works with clients on matters related to commercial litigation, economic damages, lost profits, business interruption and fraud investigations. She has worked with counsel to develop case strategies, has assisted with depositions and with preparing reports and exhibits for trial.
Ms. Suker has served as a testifying expert witness and is approved to accept appointments as an accountant and business appraiser in several counties of New York State pursuant to NYS Part 36 of the Rules of the Chief Judge.
Ms. Suker frequently speaks at industry organizations and writes articles for the Firm’s newsletter Forensic Files on topics related to valuation, economic damages, forensic accounting, shareholder agreements and lost wage calculations.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Suker was with a boutique accounting firm where she specialized in analyzing complex business interruption and lost profit claims for companies ranging from mid-size to Fortune 500.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), Nassau Chapter, Litigation Services Committee
- American Society of Appraisers; Accredited Senior Appraiser Candidate
- Accountant/Attorney Networking Group (AANG), President/Director
- Nassau County Estate Planning Council
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- LEA/Leading Edge Alliance, Business Valuation/Litigation Support Services, Special Interest Group
- Long Island Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (LICFE), Long Island Chapter, Past Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Business Valuations; NYSSCPA Suffolk Cooperation with Attorneys Committee, 2017
- Accounting and Business Valuation for Attorneys; Farrell Fritz, P.C., 2016
- Working with Divorce Attorneys and Forensic Accountants; AANG; 2016
- Accounting for Attorneys; Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C., 2015
- Forensic Accounting & Business Valuation; Hofstra University, 2015
- Nassau County Bar Association; How to Critique and Defend a Business Valuation, June 2012
- Women Business Owners; Think of the Possibilities Seminar, Business Valuation, March 2012
- Economic Damages and Lost Profits; NYSSCPA, 2011
- Forensic Accounting, Hofstra University, 2010