Tax & Business
Ken Levinson is a director in the Firm’s Tax & Business Services division in Marcum’s San Francisco office. Ken provides tax and consulting services to individuals and small businesses.
Prior to joining Marcum in 2023, he was president of Kornetsky, Levinson & Company. Ken’s career experience includes positions with Big Four firms and regional accounting firms, as well as internal accounting positions at a large aerospace company. He also has a deep understanding of nonprofits, having served as a fundraising consultant and executive director of a New York nonprofit organization.
His main community focus is a national leadership program that he started in 1996 for high school students called the LOFT: Leadership Opportunities for Teens. His multiple community service activities over the years resulted in his being honored with the California Society of Certified Public Accountants’ (CalCPA) Distinguished Public Service Award in 1987.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- AGBELL International Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Board Chair
- Leadership Opportunities for Teens (LOFT), founder
- Circus Center of San Francisco, Past Board Chair
- Weingarten Children’s Center, Past Board Chair
- Gallaudet University Board, Past Chair of Audit and Compensation Committees