AssuranceHealthcare, Nonprofit & Social Sector
Kimberley Waite is a partner in the Firm's Assurance Services division and a member of the Employee Benefit Plan group. She joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Ms. Waite honed her auditing skills after joining FROST in 1991, with a particular emphasis on employee benefit plans, not-for-profit organizations, common interest realty associations and healthcare organizations. Additional clients include HUD projects, professional services firms and schools. She specializes in keeping up-to-date on the latest developments and technical issues, and regularly counsels her not-for-profit clients on financial issues and industry trends to help them operate more efficiently.
Clients attribute their long-term relationships with Ms. Waite to her technical expertise, above the call-of-duty client service and detail-oriented analytical skills. Her technical acumen and commitment to training earned her membership on the FROST's Quality Control Committee.
She is a frequent speaker on accounting and audit issues for Common Interest Realty Associations through Community Association Institute. She has also spoken on not-for-profit topics for the Illinois CPA Society and at healthcare conferences for LeadingAge Michigan.Among her accomplishments, Ms. Waite:
- Improved the business office processes and procedures for a not-for-profit client, resulting in substantial savings.
- Uncovered an investment firm accounting error that recovered a substantial sum of money for a homeowners association account.
- Counseled a retailer on how to significantly reduce its tax liability.
- Reviewed loan commitments from different banks for a group of skilled care facilities to ensure the covenants were attainable and that the terms were favorable.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- DFK International – Not-for-Profit Committee, Employee Benefits Committee, A&A Committee
- Illinois CPA Society – Not-for-Profit Committee, former member and past chair;
- CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois Board of Directors
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Can You Be the Biggest Loser? Let’s Figure Out How To Trim The Fat Out of Your Budget, Fall 2012
- So you Think Your Association’s Assets Are Safe – Are You Sure?, Common Interest, 2010
- Assessment Collections: A Challenge for Associations, Common Interest, 2009
- Compilation, Review, Audit: Which is Best for Your Association?, Common Interest, 2006