Landan Ansell is a director in the Advisory Services department in the Firm’s Boston office, specializing in valuation, forensic & litigation support services. He has over fourteen years of experience assisting clients and counsel address complex economic, valuation, and forensic accounting issues both in the normal course of business and in the context of disputes, claims, transactions, investigations, and other sensitive matters.
Mr. Ansell’s knowledge includes consulting in M&A transactions, insurance claims and commercial litigation, including expert witness services analyzing lost profits, economic damages, and other losses in commercial litigation, as well as business interruption claims, and post-closing transaction disputes. Mr. Ansell has advised clients and counsel on a variety of intellectual property matters involving patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and unfair competition claims. He has been qualified in Georgia courts to testify as an expert witness.
Mr. Ansell is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) with a concentration in Accounting from Emory University. He also hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Georgia State University’s College of Law. Landan has published a chapter in the Litigation Services Handbook (6th ed.) on Patent Infringement Damages and was a co-author of PwC’s annual Patent Litigation Study.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice Young Professionals Council, Executive Committee and Treasurer
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation (AVLF) Volunteer
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Georgia Chapter, MS Leadership Class Member
- Smarties Academy Parents Association Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Publications
- Litigation Services Handbook: The Role of the Financial Expert, Sixth Edition, Patent Infringement Damages
- PwC Patent Litigation Study 2010-2018