Tax & Business
Larry Blum is a Senior Advisor at Marcum. He assumed his current position in 2011, upon completion of the merger of MarcumRachlin (formerly known as Rachlin) with Marcum. For more than 18 years, Larry served as Rachlin’s Managing Partner, directing the Firm’s growth to its position as Florida’s largest independent accounting and business advisory firm.
Larry’s experience includes strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, and domestic and international taxation, which he extends to an array of clients, including foreign investors, manufacturers, retailers, and real estate concerns. He also provides tax strategies to corporations, partnerships, and individuals. Additionally he spends a great deal of time in the areas of estate planning and trusts.
As an experienced litigation advisor and respected member of the Florida Bar and the New York Bar, Larry has served as an expert witness on a broad range of issues, including business valuations, proof of damages, contract violations, fraud and defalcation, business interruption damages, bankruptcy, and matrimonial matters.
Larry has been a long-term member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Major Firms Group. He has also served as a member of “The Group 100”, a national group formed by the AICPA to protect the public interest and position the accounting profession for the future.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)Subcommittee on International Taxation
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- The Florida Bar
- The New York Bar
- Rachlin Foundation
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- American Association of Attorney -Certified Public Accountants
- Peace for the Children Foundation – Board Member
- University of Miami, Graduate School of Business – Former Adjunct Professor
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- South Florida Business Journal Top 100 Power Leader for 2011
- South Florida Business Journal 2007 Ultimate CEO Honoree
- Published in several tax and accounting industry publications
- Television appearance, Interpretation and Analysis of New Federal Tax Legislation
- “Commitment to Excellence,” – Profile in Smart Business Miami (April 2007)