Office Managing Partner
Tax & Business
Lisa Hanlon is the office managing partner in Deerfield, Illinois and partner-in-charge of the Accounting Services division in Illinois, which provides comprehensive accounting and tax services to closely held businesses and their owners. She joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm’s merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C. (FROST), one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Since joining FROST in 1988, Lisa has used her problem-solving skills, technical expertise, and general business acumen to consult with a wide range of small to mid-size clients, including many in the service industries, such as physician groups, consulting and law firms, medical suppliers, nursing homes, and laboratories. She specializes in consulting with companies from the ground up, determining their needs and advising clients on business strategies. She also prepares financial statements for clients and financial institutions, and helps them with their tax needs, both corporate and individual.
Lisa served on FROST’s Physician Practice Group Committee, headed up the firm’s Women’s Initiative Program and has been the featured speaker for small business seminars for various civic organizations.
Among her recent accomplishments, she:
- Used her analytical ability and network of resources to hone in on her clients’ challenges and match them with the right expertise, software packages and systems to deliver cost-efficient, time-effective solutions.
- Organized a joint seminar with business partners to supplement her clients’ staff education needs.
- Aided a Chicago physician group in establishing a foundation to fund charitable works.
- Served as a trusted business adviser to clients contemplating major moves, such as buying and selling real estate or stock, setting up an office or hiring out-of-state employees.
- Saved a client significant end-of-year taxes by setting up a last-minute employee profit-sharing plan to defer taxes.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Empowering Women’s Network
- Illinois CPA Society, Women’s Executive Committee
- Rossenberg Roundtable Group
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Choosing the Right Advisors for Your Business Team, Business Ledger – February 2013