Matt Duvall is a partner in the Marcum’s Assurance Services division, where he brings more than 20 years of experience providing auditing, accounting, tax, and consulting services to a broad range of clients.
Matt’s specialization is with nonprofit organizations, where he maintains a particular focus on providing financial audits, reviews, and compilations; compliance audits under OMB Uniform Guidance for single audits; internal control evaluations; and tax and assurance services to trade associations, membership organizations, social service and advocacy organizations, public charities, think-tanks, foundations, educational groups, and religious organizations. He is responsible for researching and implementing new accounting and auditing standards as well as other professional guidance.
Matt is a contributor to the Nonprofit Accounting Basics website run by the GWSCPA Educational Foundation. He has been honored as one of Howard County’s 39 Finest Under 39.
Prior to joining Marcum, Matt was a principal at E. Cohen and Company, CPAs, an award-winning, nationally ranked CPA firm, which merged into Marcum in 2022.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Not-for-Profit Section, AICPA
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- Finance and Administration Roundtable (FAR)