Regional Managing Partner
Michael Balter serves as regional managing partner for the Southeast. Additionally, he is Assurance Services leader for the Southeast region and is a member of Marcum’s Executive Committee.
Michael joined Marcum in 2014 with more than 25 years of client service experience in the construction, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
He holds an MBA from Florida Atlantic University and a BS in Accounting from the University of Florida, where he serves on the Accounting Advisory Board. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), and the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – South Florida. He is also a Board member and past president of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) and is chairman of the FICPA Construction Conference.
Michael authored the Financial Management section of the Contractors Manual for Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) and recently completed his term as financial counsel for the South Florida chapter of the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America. He also is a regular contributor to industry journals including Construction Focus, Construction Ink, and Building Florida.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) South Florida
- Construction Financial Managers Associations (CFMA), Board
- FICPA Construction Conference Committee – Chair, 2016 Construction Industry Conference
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- University of Florida Accounting Advisory Board
Articles & Presentations
- “10 Sure-Fire Mistakes That Can Lead to Contractor Failure,” Construction Business Owner, January, 2016
- Construction Industry Accounting Issues, FICPA
- Construction Industry Accounting Update, CFMA
- “Guidelines for Establishing a Joint Venture,” Building Foundation
- “Bonus Plan Design,” Construction Ink
- “Does Your Bonus Program Really Work?,” Building Florida
- “Cash Management Improvement Ideas for Contractors,” Building Florida
- “There is More Than One Way To Measure Business Success,” Building Florida
- “The Care and Keeping of an Employee File,” CFMA Building Profits
- “Cash Management Strategies,” Construction Focus
- “Pre-Project Investigation Strategies to Ensure Success,” CFMA
- “Construction Accounting and Benchmarking,” ABC & CFMA