National Leader - Consumer & Industrial Products
Michael Sacco is the national leader of Marcum’s Consumer and Industrial Products Group. He provides accounting, auditing, tax, and business advisory services to privately held businesses, private equity backed companies, and their owners.
As the national industry leader, he is responsible for managing Marcum’s growing consumer and industrial products practice. He assists internal client service teams by sharing extensive industry knowledge and financial insights that enhance their ability to meet their clients’ compliance and advisory needs.
In addition to his managerial responsibilities, Michael directly serves clients in industries such as apparel, consumer products, e-commerce, manufacturing, import/distribution, food and beverage, architecture and engineering, and professional services.
As an advisor, Michael consults on a range of critical strategies from cost and expense reduction to benchmarking, inventory management, and third-party financing. He has extensive experience addressing the unique business needs of his clients and routinely assists them in improving their operations and profitability. Michael often works with companies on deal structuring and due diligence issues relating to potential acquisition targets and leverages an extensive professional network to connect clients with key resources and specialized providers.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC Accountants and Bankers, Senior Board Member
- New York Banking and Finance Group, Board Member & Treasurer
- The Viscardi Center, Board Member
- Contemporary Credit Club, Member
- Needlers Foundation, Steering Committee Member
- Mann Charitable Foundation, Committee Member
- Marcum Foundation Board Member
- Fashion Service Network, Board Member
- Honoree at the 2022 Special Olympics New York Gold Coast Tour for Champions Golf Outing
- Honoree at the 2018 Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City Accountants & Bankers Reception