AssuranceAlternative Investments, Broker Dealers, Financial Institutions, Technology
Michael Silvia is a partner in the Firm’s Boston, Massachusetts office. He is also the partner-in-charge of Marcum’s New England Alternative Investment and Broker-Dealer practice groups and a member of the Marcum National Alternative Investment Industry group.
He has more than 26 years of audit and consulting experience working with both public and private companies. His financial services industry experience includes hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, broker-dealers and investment advisors. His professional experience also includes working with professional services firms, investment management companies, technology companies and SEC registrants in a variety of industries.
Mr. Silvia is involved with the Firm’s recruitment and training programs. He is a team leader for the recruitment of new audit personnel and instructs continuing professional education courses.
In addition to his years of public accounting experience, Mr. Silvia worked for a boutique accounting and consulting firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions and technical accounting services to private and public companies.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA), Alternative Investment Company Committee
- Courageous Sailing of Boston, Past Co-chairperson, Board of Directors
- Provisions-Boston 1 Host, Member
- Connecticut Hedge Fund Association, Member
- Help for Children, Northeast Committee of Hearts
- The Hamilton Business Society of Boston, Founding Member
- University of Massachusetts
- Alumni Association – Dartmouth
- Massachusetts Alumni Club
- Association for Corporate Growth, Boston Chapter
- Northeast Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, Past Regional Director
- Low Tide Yacht Club of New Bedford Massachusetts, Past Treasurer
- Cohasset Yacht Club of Cohasset, MA, Member
Articles & Presentations
- Marcum Opportunities in Alternative Investments with Anthony Scaramucci of Sky Bridge Capital, 2021
- Marcum New England Investment Forum, Host and Speaker, 2016-2019
- Marcum Alternative Investment Manager Forum, Panel Moderator, 2016
- Landmark Angels, Boston Forum, June 2015
- ASU 2011 – 04: New Financial Statement Reporting Requirements for Year-End Fund Audits, Marcum LLP Private Investment Forum, Winter 2013
- From Start to Finish, Alternative Investments, The 3PM Conference, April 2013
- Investors Push Hedge Fund Launches Higher, but Fees are Dropping, Boston Business Journal, June 2013
- Alternative Investments, The 3PM Conference, November 2012