Office Managing Partner
Michael Tikoian is an Advisory partner and is office managing partner of the Firm’s Westminster office in Providence. Mr. Tikoian is responsible for a variety of audit and tax clients concentrating in closely held businesses, real estate entities and their unique reporting and tax problems. He has a strong background in areas of accounting such as LIFO inventory, goodwill and fixed asset impairment analysis, and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions. He focuses on assisting clients with the intricacies of buy-sell agreements and general business practices such as budgeting, debt restructuring, and corporate operations.
In addition to the accounting and consulting services he regularly provides, he has enhanced proficiencies in computer technology systems and security, as well as financial planning and investment advisory services. He has achieved a number of certifications in response to the growing needs of Firm clients.
Mr. Tikoian, former managing partner at Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company LLC, joined Marcum in 2022 when the two firms merged.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA), member
- Providence College, adjunct professor, financial accounting
- Greenwood Credit Union, board member
- Care New England President’s Council, member
- Leadership Rhode Island, former Finance Committee member, Phi Class 2001
- Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council, former chairman
- Rhode Island Board of Governors of Higher Education, former vice chairman
- Governor’s Narragansett Bay & Watershed Commission, former Steering Committee member
- University Club, former president, vice president, and treasurer
- Newport-on-Shore Marina Association, past president and treasurer