Tax & Business
Neal Korenberg is a partner in Marcum’s Accounting Services division, with extensive experience in providing services to privately owned businesses in a variety of industries. He specializes in accounting for clients operating in the construction industry and also has extensive experience in the food, manufacturing, wholesale, and retail industries. In addition, within the real estate segment he provides tax advice to many real estate investment partnerships and has experience in coordinating numerous 1031 transactions.
Actively involved with his clients, Neal assists in increasing bonding and credit facilities, structuring financing, short and long-term forecasting, profit analysis, divisional restructuring, tax planning, and business succession.
A long-time member of the Nassau Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), he is and has most recently served as chairman of the its Cooperation With Accountants Committee. His years of dedicated service to the Chapter culminated in its heralded Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013.
Neal is a source of expertise for the media, often quoted in various publications, including Long Island Business News. He is also a frequent speaker before banking and industry groups, the NYSSCPA, and various construction industry organizations on the subjects of analyzing financial statements, credit negotiations, and recent accounting pronouncements.
He came to Marcum after the Firm joined forces with Castellano, Korenberg & Company in 2020.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), Nassau Chapter; Cooperation with Bankers and Other Credit Grantors Committee, Chair; Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Accountants & Attorneys Networking Group
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Risk Management Association
- New York City Surety Association