Neil Sockol is a senior manager within the firm’s Advisory Services division. He specializes in complex matrimonial dissolution cases and has received advanced training in the Collaborative Divorce process. Mr. Sockol regularly assists attorneys in the tracing of assets, determination and valuation of assets and liabilities within a marital estate, equitable distribution, business valuation, income tax issues, income determination of the parties and calculation of alimony and child support.
Mr. Sockol has served as an expert witness and has testified in family law matters in the Circuit Courts of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. In addition, he has experience in tax preparation for individuals and small businesses, income tax planning and financial statement preparation.
Mr. Sockol has participated in numerous marital dissolution mediations, Collaborative Divorce settlement conferences and regularly acts as a neutral accountant in divorce cases.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- South Palm Beach County Collaborative Law Group, Board Member
- Collaborative Family Law Professionals of South Florida
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)