Nitasha Giardina is a director in the Advisory Services division in the Firm’s New York City Office. She is a member of the Firm’s Transaction Services Group where she manages transaction related services in mergers and acquisition engagements. Working with publicly-traded companies, privately-owned companies and individuals, she handles various forensic investigations, economic damages and other litigation support engagements related to both commercial and matrimonial litigation. Ms. Giardina also provides non-litigation business consulting services to new and existing clients of the firm.
Ms. Giardina has a combined experience of more than 10 years dealing with complex financial issues such as fraudulent activities, contract disputes, bankruptcies and reorganization, business divorce and dissolution of business. Her engagements have included shareholder fraud, accounting and tax malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, white collar crimes, FLSA-related labor disputes and forensic investigations. She has also provided due diligence services to merger and acquisition clients across a variety of industry practices, both domestically and internationally.
In a majority of her engagements, Ms. Giardina has worked directly with counsel and clients to prepare memorandums, expert reports, trial preparation, drafting direct and cross examination questions and analyzing expert reports and testimony. Ms. Giardina’s unique perspective has led her to successfully advise the Firm’s clients across various industries on numerous financial and non-financial issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Ms. Giardina worked in the Equity Operations division of a global financial services company were she gained hands-on experience working with clients implementing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Additionally she has spent 6 years working in the hospitality industry managing various restaurant and catering operations for a large State University.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Autopsy of a Real Estate Partnership Fraud: No RIP, Valuation & Litigation Advisor, Marcum LLP, October 2020.
- Food v. Fraud – Fraud Issues in the Hospitality Industry Post COVID -19 Pandemic, NACVA, August 2021
- What to Look for in a Tax Return, New York County Lawyers Association, 2008
- Collusive Fraud Schemes – When Employee Teamwork Hurts, Forensic Files, 2015
- Calculation of Losses and Required Sentences in White-Collar Crimes – Are You Considering All Factors?, Business Law Today, American Bar Association,