Peter Rahe is a senior manager in the Advisory Services practice. He has performed valuations of business interests for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, family law matters, business damages, mergers and acquisitions, and estate and gift tax matters. The subjects of his valuation assignments have included valuations of entire enterprises, partial business interests, public and Pre-IPO companies, preferred and debt securities, derivative instruments, and intangible assets.
Mr. Rahe’s industry experience includes, but is not limited to, financial services institutions, manufacturing, professional practices, technology, and asset management (including hedge funds and private equity firms). In addition, Mr. Rahe is experienced in determining reasonable compensation (including the consideration of derivative instruments, stock, and carried interests) for Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, and other executives of both public and private companies.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Society of Appraisers
- New Haven County Bar Association
- The Foundation of the New Haven County Bar, Past President
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Valuation of Private Equity Firms and Interests, Business Valuation Resources Webinar, August 2017
- Valuing Hedge Funds, Business Valuation Resources Webinar, March 2017
- Freeze Entities: Use of Synthetic Credit Ratings to Determine the Appropriate Market Yield for the Preferred Equity Interest, NACVA QuickRead, November 2015
- Business Valuation Multiples: Considering Your Client’s Business Interests, NACVA QuickRead, February 2015
- Houston Family Law Trial Institute, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX, May 2013
- Business Valuation Multiples: Considering Your Client’s Business Interests, Connecticut Lawyer, November 2013