Peter Rahe is a director in the Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Support Services practice group. He has performed valuations of business interests and provided assistance in a litigation support capacity for a variety of purposes including commercial litigation, family law matters, business damages, mergers and acquisitions, and estate and gift tax matters. The subjects of his valuation assignments have included valuations of entire enterprises, partial business interests, preferred securities, derivative instruments, and intangible assets.
Mr. Rahe’s industry experience includes, but is not limited to, alternative asset managers, private equity investments, early-stage ventures, technology, life sciences, and financial services institutions. Mr. Rahe has also provided litigation support on numerous matters including breach of contract, tort claims, and the analysis of the resulting damages.
In addition, Mr. Rahe is experienced in determining reasonable compensation and assisting with other compensation related issues (including the consideration of derivative instruments, stock, and carried interests) for Chief Executive Officers and other executives of both public and private companies.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Society of Appraisers
- New Haven County Bar Association
- The Foundation of the New Haven County Bar, Past President
Articles, Publications & Presentations
- Valuation of Private Equity Firms and Interests, Business Valuation Resources Webinar, August 2017
- Valuing Hedge Funds, Business Valuation Resources Webinar, March 2017
- Freeze Entities: Use of Synthetic Credit Ratings to Determine the Appropriate Market Yield for the Preferred Equity Interest, NACVA QuickRead, November 2015
- Business Valuation Multiples: Considering Your Client’s Business Interests, NACVA QuickRead, February 2015
- Houston Family Law Trial Institute, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX, May 2013
- Business Valuation Multiples: Considering Your Client’s Business Interests, Connecticut Lawyer, November 2013