AdvisoryHigher Education & Private Schools
Richard Devine is a member of Marcum’s Advisory Services division and partner-in-charge of Philadelphia Consulting Services.
Mr. Devine has over 25 years of public accounting and corporate experience advising clients that range from multi-billion dollar publicly held entities to emerging growth companies in the financial services, insurance, higher education and healthcare industries. He specializes in providing business advisory services to institutions of higher education and academic medical centers.
He has managed numerous projects for financial services companies and not-for-profit organizations across the country. These have included business accounting support to help organizations with operational and internal control issues and transaction services involving mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. In addition, he has performed litigation support and forensic accounting services for local and national law firms, financial institutions, insurance companies, universities and hospitals.
Mr. Devine blends public accounting experience acquired during 15 years as a partner at a national accounting firm with corporate experience as chief financial officer at two financial organizations. With this background, he has an in-depth knowledge of accounting and control issues including regulatory reporting and compliance, enterprise risk management, internal control design and evaluation, budgeting and business transaction management.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Healthcare Committee
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Distinguished Service Award – Haub School of Business, Saint Joseph’s University
- Basketball Hall of Fame, Saint Joseph’s University
- Ignatius Award for Alumni Service, Saint Joseph’s University