Robert D. Coro is an information technology audit partner in the Firm’s New Haven office and a member of the IT Risk and Advisory Services practice group. He has extensive experience with internal and external audits as well as specialized projects for application reviews, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network security, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, SSAE 18 audits, PCI Assessment, internal and external audits, and specialized projects for application reviews, internal and external vulnerability assessments, wireless assessments and penetration testing.
Robert works closely with middle-market companies during the engagement process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404, and assists clients in implementing best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness. He is responsible for creating audit test plans; performing on-site testing and documenting findings; reviewing and suggesting improvements to existing IT policies and procedures; overseeing Sarbanes-Oxley engagements and control assessments of IT functions; creating standards, policies, and procedures; conducting internal IT system reviews; and organizing SOC audits. He creates standards, policies and procedures for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404 and manages SSAE 18 SOC 1, 2, 3, pre-assessments, Type I and Type II audits and drafts reports for review.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accounts (MSCPA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accounts (NHSCPA)
Designations & Accreditations
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI QSA)