Sara Carlson is a partner in the Firm’s Technical Review and Quality Control Group. She provides guidance to Firm professionals and clients on complex technical accounting and reporting issues and has in-depth technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, SEC reporting, and related professional practice standards and regulations.
Sara has more than 23 years of experience in accounting, auditing, internal controls, international operations, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, quality control, and regulatory oversight. She has spent her career working on complex multi-national audit engagements for private and publicly traded companies in a variety of industries, including consumer and industrial products, retail, technology, medical devices, and bio-technology, as well as professional services and broker-dealers. She also has served as a neutral arbitrator in dispute resolution engagements.
Sara is an adjunct professor at Loyola University–Chicago and serves as a board member for several local not-for-profit organizations focusing on the advancement of underprivileged children through educational support and athletics.
Prior to joining Marcum, she was a professional standards partner at a national accounting firm.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois Certified Public Accountant Society
- Chute Middle School PTA, President
- Evanston Baseball and Softball Association, President
- Hoop Avenues Elite, Fundraising Chairperson
- Evanston School Children Clothing Association, Board member
- Foundation 65, Fundraising Committee
- Women to Watch, Illinois CPA Society