Sharon Kennedy is an Assurance Services partner in Marcum’s Providence, Rhode Island office. She is responsible for audits, reviews and compilations, and financial reporting for closely held businesses, including distributors, manufacturers, and professional services firms, as well as nonprofit organizations. She has an extensive background in handling complex areas of accounting such as business combinations, LIFO inventory, goodwill and fixed asset impairment analysis, and consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
Sharon is a hands-on technical partner with almost 40 years of experience, and enjoys advising and collaborating with her clients, executing engagements from planning through final reporting. She is responsible for employee benefit plan audits, as well as other accounting and tax engagements.
She is a committee member of the New England Peer Review, Inc. She is also an active alumnus of Providence College, chairing the school’s Providence President’s Council and serving as a 1983 class representative.
Prior to joining Marcum, Sharon was a partner at Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company LLC, which merged into Marcum in 2022.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA), member
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MassCPA), member
- New England Peer Review, board member
- Hockomock Area YMCA, assistant treasurer
- Meghan K Duffy Foundation, treasurer
- Providence College, Providence President’s Council, chair; Class of 1983, class representative; National Alumni Association – former board of governors board member and treasurer