Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
Stefanie Gerard Cohn is Partner-in-Charge of the Assurance Services division in the Firm’s Washington, DC Metropolitan Area offices. She came to Marcum via the Firm’s merger with Raffa, P.C., one of the nation’s preeminent public accounting and business consulting firms, specializing in nonprofits.
Ms. Cohn has led the Greater Washington Metro Assurance Practice for approximately ten years and has helped this practice grow to a team of more than 40 professionals. Recently, she led the regional adoption of a Lean Six Sigma audit process.
As an industry specialist in nonprofit auditing services, Ms. Cohn provides guidance to her clients in a number of areas, including establishing reserves, proper internal controls, and cost allocations; dealing with revenue recognition issues for grants, contributions, and membership dues; federal grant compliance; and best practices for board governance.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member, Not for Profit Section and Government Audit Quality Center, and Employee Benefit Plans Audit Quality Center
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA), Member
- So Others Might Eat (Some), Treasurer, Chair of Audit Committee & Chair of Finance Committee
- Academy of Hope, Former Board Member & Former Finance Committee Member
- GlobalGiving, Former Member of the Operations Advisory Counsel