Partner-in-Charge, Assurance, Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
AssuranceNonprofit & Social Sector, Nonprofit Audit Services, Risk Management & Compliance
Stefanie Gerard Cohn is partner-in-charge of the Assurance Services division in the Firm’s Washington, D.C. office. She came to Marcum via the Firm’s merger with Raffa, P.C., one of the nation’s preeminent public accounting and business consulting firms, specializing in nonprofits. Ms. Cohn has led the Greater Washington Metro Assurance Practice for the past eight years and has helped this practice grow to a team of more than 40 professionals. Recently, she led the regional adoption of a Lean Six Sigma audit process.
As an industry specialist in nonprofit auditing services, Ms. Cohn provides guidance to her clients in a number of areas, including establishing reserves, proper internal controls, and cost allocations; dealing with revenue recognition issues for grants, contributions, and membership dues; federal grant compliance; and best practices for board governance.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member, Not-for-Profit Section
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- So Others Might Eat Some, Treasurer, Chair of Audit Committee & Chair of Finance Committee
- Academy of Hope, Former Board Member & Former Finance Committee Member
- GlobalGiving Operations Advisory Counsel, Former Board Member & Former Finance Committee Member