Stefanie Jedra is a director in the Firm’s Advisory Services practice and works primarily out of Marcum’s New Jersey and New York City offices. She specializes in appraising business interests and providing forensic accounting and litigation support services in connection with matrimonial litigation, commercial litigation, and estate and gift transactions. Ms. Jedra provides services to attorneys, business owners, and individuals.
Ms. Jedra joined Marcum in 2018 with over six years of experience in the industry. Her previous experience was primarily in business valuation, forensic litigation support, business interruption analyses, and other public accounting services.
Ms. Jedra has spoken on topics related to both business valuation and forensic accounting. In addition, she has developed and presented continuing legal education seminars to law firms and bar associations.
Ms. Jedra is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in New York State, holds the Accredited Member (AM) designation from the American Society of Appraisers, and is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Ms. Jedra graduated from Bucknell University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 2012, with a concentration in accounting and a minor in economics.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA), New York Chapter
- Secretary (July 2020 – June 2022)
- Vice President of Marketing (July 2019 – June 2020, July 2022 – Current)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Seminars & Presentations
- Unvested Stock Options – Part of an A-Z Roundtable, New Jersey State Bar Association – Family Law Retreat, March 2023
- The Current Economic Environment’s Impact on Business Valuations, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers NJ Chapter, March 2023
- Complex Business Asset Tracing – Separate or Marital PLUS Active or Passive, AICPA & CIMA Conference, November 2022
- Panel Discussion – Asset Tracing and Finding Hidden Assets, Miller Ziederman LLP, March 2022
- 15 Common Errors in Business Valuations And How to Effectively Cross-Examine Them, Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C., March 2022
- Valuation Trivia Night, Essex County Bar Association December 2021
- Finding Hidden Assets Using Tax Returns and Other Means, NJSBA – New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2021
- Understanding Complex Valuation Topics, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers NJ Chapter, August 2021
- Valuation Reports: Reading and Understanding the Valuation Process, American Bar Association, July 2021
- Data Recovery and Digital Investigations in Matrimonial Matters, Marcum, May 2021
- 15 Common Errors in Business Valuation: How to Effectively Deal with Cross-Examination Issues, American Society of Appraisers, May 2021
- Why Your Estate Plan Needs a Business Valuation, Pivot to Plan, Lassar & Cowhey LLP, April 2021
- 15 Common Errors in Business Valuation, Camden County Bar Association, December 2020
- The Future of Discovery and Data Analytics in Divorce, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers NJ Chapter, September 2020
- Finding Hidden Assets Using Tax Returns and Other Means, NJSBA – New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2020
- TCJA Impact on Alimony and Business Valuations, Various Law Firms, February 2019
- Asset Tracing, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts NJ Chapter, November 2019
Articles & Blogs
- First Steps in Understanding Your Business Valuation, American Bar Association, July 21, 2021
- SPAC-tacular Valuations, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers NJ Chapter (Blog), April 20, 2021
- Forensic Accounting Meets Digital Analytics, Valuation & Litigation Advisor, June 22, 2020
- Change? Or Changed Circumstances? Does COVID-19 Constitute a Change in Circumstances for Alimony?, Valuation & Litigation Advisor, May 26, 2020
- The Buzz about Non-Operating Assets, Valuation & Litigation Advisor, November 15, 2019
- Tax Consequences of Marriage, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Winter Newsletter, 2014/15