Stephanie Bernard is a director in the Firm’s Advisory Services practice and a member of the forensics group. Ms. Bernard’s expertise includes fraud and accounting-focused investigations, litigation and expert witness engagements, anti-bribery and corruption investigations, and compliance monitoring.
Ms. Bernard’s experience includes forensic accounting investigations related to financial statement fraud, corruption, whistleblower allegations, misappropriation of assets, and internal control failures. She is frequently retained in relation to matters focused on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). She has worked with public and private companies, as well as large, international organizations.
She also has experience in complex litigation matters involving accounting, commercial litigation, business interruption, accounting malpractice, and corporate governance disputes. Her experience spans a broad array of industries including utilities, oil and gas, technology, life sciences, healthcare, manufacturing, not-for-profits, and financial services.
Ms. Bernard formerly worked in the Assurance and Forensic Advisory Services practices of “Big Four” accounting firms in Boston.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Associate Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of Northern New England
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA)
Accreditations & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)