Tax & Business
Stephen Lassar is a Partner in the Firm’s New York City office. As a trusted advisor and business counselor, he successfully helps clients plan their current and future estate planning and business needs.
Mr. Lassar has been practicing public accounting for more than 35 years. His area of expertise includes working with real estate entities, international companies, closely-held corporations, partnerships, limited and general partnerships, and limited liability companies in the areas of tax compliance and entity structuring as well as working with business principals and high worth individuals on a wide range of estate planning tools to help transfer wealth from generation to generation.
In addition, Mr. Lassar is currently assisting with an industry study to provide businesses with competitive information regarding manufacturing, quality control, and research and development costs. The benchmark survey that was developed will forecast projections for the fragrance industry.
Mr. Lassar joined the Firm in 2007. Previously, he was a Director with a publicly-traded accounting and financial services company. His earlier experience includes serving as a Partner in his own accounting firm. A past lecturer on various estate planning matters, Mr. Lassar has led continuing professional education courses.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) Estate Planning Committee, Past Chairman
- New York State Bar Association
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Trust-Owned Life Insurance: Policy Review and Funding Techniques,” CPA Journal (February 2007)
- “Wealth Preservation: Five Strategies,” CPA Journal (September 2002)
- “Income in Respect of a Descendent,” CPA Journal (September 1997)