Ted Lucas is an audit partner in the Firm’s Hartford, Connecticut office. He has 20 years of experience conducting and performing audits and reviews for both publicly traded and privately held companies in the technology, manufacturing, retail, real estate, construction, and alternative energy industries. He has served clients with complex equity arrangements, and also performs audits of employee benefit plans.
Mr. Lucas has extensive experience with reporting requirements for publicly traded companies on both the US and Toronto exchanges which include audits reported under both U.S. GAAP and IFRS. Filings include comfort letters, registration statements, initial public offerings, and Forms 10-Q and 10-K. He has conducted both internal and external projects for Sarbanes-Oxley compliant filers.
Mr. Lucas’s experience includes significant audit services for international companies with operations in Canada, UK, Israel, Singapore, Slovenia, Mexico, China and India.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Carriage House Daycare, Inc. Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Down Syndrome Association of Connecticut, Inc. Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Past Treasurer
- Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs
- Connecticut Small Manufactures Association, Member
- New England Spring & Metalstamping Association (NESMA), Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- XBRL Requirements for Foreign Private Issuers, Marcum SEC Insights, January 2018
- New Revenue Recognition Rules – Applicable Sooner Than You Think!, Marcum SEC Insights, December 2015
- Going Concern – A Fresh Look, Marcum SEC Insights, March 2014
- Businesses Must Prep for New Revenue Recognition Rules, Hartford Business Journal, July 2014
- Revenue Recognition – Why Is It So Important?, Connecticut Innovations Blog, July 2014