Tax & Business
Thomas Filomeno is a partner in the Firm’s Hartford, Connecticut office. He has 40 years of public accounting experience providing accounting, tax and financial planning services to a wide array of clients and businesses.
Mr. Filomeno spends his time serving high net worth individuals, in both tax and financial planning / wealth management roles. His experience in tax, estates and trusts enables him to integrate those facets into comprehensive financial planning for his clients. That planning serves to provide clients with a comprehensive, and dynamic, “financial roadmap”. This roadmap can then be monitored and adjusted regularly throughout life to accommodate changes in life circumstances, financial events and market conditions.
Mr. Filomeno also serves as Trustee for several client trusts, monitoring investments, expenses, distributions and long term planning while balancing the needs of the beneficiaries.
Throughout his career, Mr. Filomeno has also worked with several businesses, in many different industries including manufacturing, construction, real estate, professional services, medical practices and several others. He advises clients in those industries on tax planning, succession planning, financial benchmarking and business advisory matters. For his manufacturing clients, Mr. Filomeno also collaborates with manufacturing clients on specialized issues, including inventory, job costing, overhead allocation, and financial analysis.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- West Hartford Exchange Club
- UNICO National – Farmington Chapter
- Connecticut Tooling and Machining Association — Board Member and Treasurer
- West Hartford Chamber of Commerce — former President and Treasurer
- Foundation for West Hartford Schools — former Board Member and Treasurer
- Northwest Catholic High School – former Board Member and current Finance Committee
- St. Timothy Middle School — former Board Member and Finance Chair
- Oz Griebel for Governor, 2018 – former Treasurer