Tax & BusinessConstruction, Manufacturing, Retail & Distribution
Tim Crosby is a partner in the Firm’s Tax & Business Services division and a member of the Construction Industry Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm’s merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Crosby led FROST’s Mergers & Acquisition Practice and the Strategic, Transactional, Investigation & Restructuring Services (STIRS) team, where he was involved in various business transactions including due diligence, market valuation and tax consulting. He has used his more than 25 years of corporate, partnership and individual tax knowledge, general business acumen and specialized construction, real estate and physician practice expertise to become a trusted advisor to his diverse client base. Mr. Crosby guides his clients in a multitude of areas including tax planning and structure, planned expansions, contemplated exit strategies and review of their strategic plans.
Among his accomplishments, Mr. Crosby:
- Guided $250 million residential home builder during rapid expansion opportunities.
- Guided a local wholesaler in the successful sale of his $3.5 million business, including preparing the business for sale, putting together a marketing package, locating a buyer and negotiating the transaction.
- Represented a manufacturing client before the IRS regarding tax issues involving company aircraft.
- Crafted a strategic buy-in and compensation plan to transition a public relations firm from the retiring founder to new owners.
- Spearheaded efforts for FR&R’s Mergers and Acquisition Department to enhance client services, such as matching buyers with sellers.
- Successfully led the U.S. business efforts for an international company in their purchase of a domestic company, including due diligence.
- Assisted large physician group with potential merger opportunities.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries