William Piccerelli is an Advisory Services partner in Marcum’s Providence office. His extensive background covers not only technical financial accounting and tax matters, but also general business dealings, succession issues for closely held businesses, business valuations and litigation support (often providing expert testimony), tax issues, and real estate development issues.
Mr. Piccerelli works with individuals, partners, and owners of closely held businesses in the real estate and construction industries, and the nonprofit sector.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Piccerelli co-founded Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company LLC, which merged into Marcum in 2022. Mr. Piccerelli’s goal for PG&Co was to create a sustainable, quality, independent CPA firm known for integrity and commitment to clients, an ethic that he brings to Marcum. Since 1973, he has made good on this commitment. Bill is an active and respected professional in the accounting profession.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), area Legislative Committee and Council, former member
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA), member; past president, board of directors
- National Association of Accountants, Providence Chapter, member; past president, board of directors
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts and Rhode Island Chapter of NACVA
- The Faxon Foundation, treasurer and board member
- Sinclair Foundation, treasurer
- Barrington Community Scholarship Foundation, treasurer
- Holy Angels Church Parish Council, auditor
- Barrington Heart Fund, former treasurer
- Barrington YMCA, Board of Management, former chairman
- Golf Foundation of Rhode Island, Button Hole, former treasurer
- Providence Public Library, board of trustees, former treasurer
- Renaissance 2000, former secretary and treasurer
- Rhode Island Country Club, board of governors, past president