Tax & Business
Yamil Serur is a partner in the Firm’s Tax & Business Services Division and member of the Accounting Services Practice group. Based in Deerfield, IL, he specializes in providing privately held and family-owned businesses with accounting, tax and consulting services, with a particular focus on healthcare organizations and professional services.
Mr. Serur leverages his more than 15 years of experience to regularly counsel clients on financial issues, management challenges, and industry trends to help them operate more efficiently. His ability to develop close, long-term professional relationships with his clients has enabled him to become a highly valued trusted business advisor.
Mr. Serur is a member of the Firm’s Client Experience Advisory Committee, which focuses on creating exceptional client experiences, and he previously served on the Firm’s Healthcare Revenue Recognition Taskforce. Yamil joined Marcum LLP in 2015 via the Firm’s merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., then one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Among his accomplishments, Mr. Serur:
- Facilitates the improvement and maintenance of sound internal controls for clients.
- Improves the operational efficiency and organization of accounting procedures.
- Resolves client issues involving control systems, accounting errors, account reconciliations and office inefficiency.
- Led the charge on creating new guidelines for Marcum’s Illinois region for efficiency improvement in the Accounting Services Department.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Illinois CPA Society