Zackary Fentross is an assurance director in Marcum’s Merrimack office, and a member of the Firm’s Governmental and Public Administrative industry team.
His experience is concentrated in the areas of governmental accounting and auditing; he has managed audits of cities and towns, Uniform Guidance single audits, end of year report audits for contributory retirement system audits, and other special projects. Annually, he manages six cities and towns that have earned Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Mr. Fentross is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MassCPA)
- New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants (NHSCPA)
Articles & Presentations
- Presented on deferred inflows and deferred outflows related to net pension liabilities to the MA Auditors’ & Accountants’ Association
- Annually, presents in-house continuing professional education on various topics
- Annually, holds a class to teach the Uniform Massachusetts Accounting System (UMAS) to Governmental employees in the Commonwealth