Finalists Announced for Inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards
New York City, NY – The Philadelphia office of Marcum LLP, a top national accounting and advisory firm, announced the list of finalists for the inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards. Winners will be revealed at an awards dinner at the Franklin Institute on November 14. The program is being co-presented with Region’s Business magazine.
Fourteen Philadelphia area companies were named as finalists in four industry categories. They include the following:
- Globus Medical Inc. (www.globusmedical.com) – a spinal implant manufacturer driving significant technological advancements across a complete suite of spinal products.
- Nemours (www.nemours.org) – a non-profit children’s health organization, with hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida.
- HealthQx (www.healthqx.com) – data analytics and decision support software that measures healthcare values market-by-market, scoring physicians and hospitals compared to their peers on quality and cost-efficiency.
- Lucidity Health (www.lucidityhealth.com) – a healthcare information exchange that integrates providers and payors in a patient-centric communications model.
- Continuum Health Alliance (www.challc.net) – a physician-focused business management organization, supporting and nurturing the growth of medical practices within the complex healthcare environment.
- Griesing Law, LLC (www.griesinglaw.com) – a law firm representing public Fortune 500 corporations, closely held companies and individuals in business transactions and high stakes litigation.
- Rajant (www.rajant.com) – pioneer of reliable, scalable, and readily deployed Kinetic Mesh network technology for industrial and military wireless communications.
- iPipeline (www.ipipeline.com) – on-demand software solutions for the insurance and financial services markets.
- StreamTV Networks (www.streamtvnetworks.com) – new media company providing enhanced entertainment and communications experiences through advanced technology.
- BizEquity (www.bizequity.com) – patented online system that gives subscribers unlimited access to real-time business valuation knowledge.
- Nooch – a hassle-free, mobile app for person-to-person payments.
- Legal Science Partners (www.legalsciencepartners.net) – Software and process for coding legal data across geography and time, in order to support meaningful analysis of the intersection of policy and outcomes.
- Tri State HVAC (www.tristatehvac.com) – integrator of commercial HVAC mechanical systems and related equipment.
- Strat IS EMS (http://stratisems.com) – Strategic Implementation and Support of Wireless Energy Management and Building Automation Systems.
“The finalists for the Marcum Innovator of the Year Class of 2013 represent some of the most promising and exciting companies in the Philadelphia region,” said David H. Glusman, Partner-in-Charge of Marcum’s Philadelphia office. “Each of them brings to the table a significant achievement in advancing the state of their industry. Marcum congratulates all of the finalists, and we wish them much success in their continuing evolution.”
The Marcum Innovator of the Year awards honor companies whose innovations have positively impacted the Greater Philadelphia economy or have significantly benefited their industries or end-users. The program is sponsored by PNC Bank (premier Franklin Sponsor), together with 44 Business Capital Partners, First Niagara, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, Peco, Wells Fargo, and Xerox, which are all Edison Sponsors.
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is a top-ranked national accounting and advisory firm dedicated to helping entrepreneurial, middle-market companies and high net worth individuals achieve their goals. Marcum’s industry-focused practices offer deep insight and specialized services to privately held and publicly registered companies, and nonprofit and social sector organizations. The Firm also provides a full complement of technology, wealth management, and executive search and staffing services. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum has offices in major business markets across the U.S. and select international locations. #AskMarcum.