Marcum Foundation Announces South Florida Beneficiaries for 2014
New York City, NY – Six South Florida nonprofit organizations have been named as the 2014 beneficiaries of the Marcum Foundation, the charitable giving arm of Marcum LLP’s Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach offices. Marcum is a top national accounting and advisory firm.
This year’s charity partners include:
- Bankruptcy Bar Foundation – Funds the pro bono activities of the Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida.
- Center for Family Services – Strengthens families through counseling, education and homeless intervention.
- Feeding South Florida – Dedicated to ending hunger in South Florida.
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Broward and Palm Beach Counties – Prenatal care for uninsured or underinsured pregnant women and teens.
- Neighbors4Neighbors – Disaster response and community support.
- TriCounty Humane Society – No-kill animal shelter and rescue organization.
The Marcum Foundation supports charitable causes in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. The Marcum Foundation is ranked among the top 25 corporate givers in South Florida. To date, the Marcum Foundation has awarded over $670,000 to charitable organizations in the region.
Funds are raised though events, collection drives and volunteer initiatives, as well as through a planned giving program. Partners and staff at Marcum’s three South Florida offices may elect to designate a percentage of their wages to benefit one or more participating charity each year.
“Our staff and partners are proud to support the communities in which we live and do business,” said Shaun Blogg, Chair of the Marcum Foundation and Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s West Palm Beach office. “The six South Florida organizations chosen as our charity partners for 2014 were selected by our employees and are all outstanding providers of essential services in our region. Marcum is gratified and honored to support their missions.”
For more information, visit www.marcumfoundation.org.
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation, with offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., as well as select international locations. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum provides a full spectrum of traditional tax, accounting, and assurance services; advisory, valuation, and litigation support; managed accounting services; and an extensive portfolio of specialty and niche industry practices. The Firm serves both privately held and publicly traded companies, as well as nonprofit and social sector entities, high net worth individuals, private equity funds, and hedge funds, with a focus on middle-market companies and closely held family businesses. Marcum is a member of the Marcum Group, an organization providing a comprehensive array of professional services.