Six Philadelphia Companies Win Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards
New York City, NY – Six Philadelphia companies in four industry sectors were named winners at the inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards tonight. The new annual program was presented by the Philadelphia office of Marcum LLP, a top national accounting and advisory firm, and Region’s Business magazine at the Franklin Institute.
The Marcum Innovator of the Year awards honor the contribution of innovation to the Philadelphia area economy and the companies behind the ingenuity. Winners included:
- Technology (small) – StreamTV Networks, innovator of 3D viewing technology that converts all programming into a 3D format without the need for special glasses.
- Technology (large) – Rajant, pioneer of scalable and easily deployed Kinetic Mesh network technology for industrial and military wireless communications.
- Healthcare (small) – HealthQx, innovator of data analytics and software solutions for transparency into the quality and cost efficiency of the healthcare system.
- Healthcare (large) – Globus Medical Inc., a medical device manufacturer specializing in the design, testing and launch of innovative spinal implants.
- Business Management – Continuum Health Alliance, a practice management services innovator.
- Energy – StratIS EMS, an energy management system that allows building managers to control energy usage at every point of consumption throughout the property portfolio.
“Every one of our winners tonight and every one of our nominees has followed in the path of great innovators,” said David H. Glusman, Partner-in-Charge of Marcum’s Philadelphia office. “The things you try don’t always work. In order to be innovative, you have to be willing to fail before you succeed and succeed big. That’s what we’re celebrating tonight. Marcum is honored to congratulate each of the outstanding companies whose achievements made the inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards so incredibly difficult to judge.”
“We’re excited to be working with Marcum and the other great sponsors of this program to promote innovation throughout the region,” said Jim McDonald, President & Publisher.
“Region’s Business believes that if we continue the discussion about innovation in our pages and continue to highlight the companies that are driving innovation in Philadelphia, the market will embrace the advances that are being pioneered in this great city.”
Former Pennsylvania Governor Mark S. Schweiker, currently a Senior Vice President at Renmatix, a biotechnology company, delivered the keynote address.
This year’s program was sponsored by PNC Bank (premier Franklin Sponsor), together with 44 Business Capital Partners, First Niagara, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, Peco, Wells Fargo, and Xerox, which were all Edison Sponsors.
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is a top-ranked national accounting and advisory services firm dedicated to helping entrepreneurial, middle-market companies and high net worth individuals achieve their goals. Marcum offers industry-focused practices with specialized expertise to privately held and publicly registered companies, and nonprofit and social sector organizations. Through the Marcum Group, the Firm also provides a full complement of technology, wealth management, executive search and staffing, and strategic marketing services. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum has offices in major business markets across the U.S. and select international locations. Marcum is committed to the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Firm is a founding member of LEA Global and is the exclusive U.S partner firm of ECOVIS International. Ever wonder where the people with all the answers get all the answers? #AskMarcum.