National and local weaknesses in the residential and commercial real estate markets and our economy have resulted in a heightened level of concern about known credit risks in a financial institution’s portfolio and those credit risks that remain latent in the portfolio.
Credit risk management can be challenging a financial institution or investor’s management on a portfolio basis, a concentration basis, or on an individual loan basis.
Marcum’s Credit Risk Services are designed to assist an institution in monitoring and managing its credit risks which are clearly unique to an individual financial institution.
Scope of Services
Our Team has experience in performing the following types of services designed to strengthen a company’s credit risk management capabilities:
- Construction loan administration, audit evaluations, and reviews.
- Second opinion or outsourced loan underwriting.
- Problem loan monitoring.
- Appraisal review.
- Assessment of loan underwriting policies and procedures.
- Litigation support, including receiverships of construction projects and income producing commercial properties.
- Disposition plan development.
- Operational reviews of loan collateral.
- Allowance for loan and lease loss analysis.
- Credit analysis of individual credits or portfolio.
- Credit portfolio health evaluations.
- Assistance in the review and management of classified loans and foreclosed real estate.
- Loan administration evaluations and reviews.