Daniel Roche is a Director in Marcum's National Advisory/Business Valuation Group and works primarily out of Marcum's New York City and New Jersey offices. He appraises business interests and provides litigation support for a wide variety clientele. Mr. Roche's experience includes appraising companies and intangible assets for litigation (family law, commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation) and non-litigation (estate and gift tax/financial reporting) purposes.
Mr. Roche joined Marcum in 2005 and is a leader in Marcum's National Business Valuation Practice. He is a frequent presenter on business valuation topics both within Marcum and externally at continuing legal education seminars.
Mr. Roche holds the Accredited Senior Appraiser ("ASA") designation from the American Society of Appraisers. He is also a Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation ("ABV") credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Roche graduated Monmouth University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (economics concentration) in 1999, and received his MBA from Rutgers University (finance concentration) in 2009. His education in economics and finance helps Dan provide unique insight in valuation and forensic engagements.
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Northern New Jersey Chapter, Vice President
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- "Business Valuation Terms and Concepts"
- "Defined Value Clauses, Risk in Business Appraisals, and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012"
- CLE Approved Courses Presented to Law Firms and Bar Associations
- "Valuing Publicity Rights and Other Intangible Assets of Authors," New York Law Journal, May 19, 2014 (with James T. Ashe and Stephen D. Lassar)
- "As Intangible Assets Grow in Prominence, Methods to Value Them Evolve," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, June 2014 (with Bradford Taylor)
- "Marketability Discounts on Display in New York Court," Marcum LLP Forensic Files, May 2015 (with James T. Ashe)
- "With M&A Growth, Treatment of Deal-Related 'Synergy' Takes Center Stage," New York Law Journal, May 18, 2015 (with James T. Ashe and Stephen D. Lassar)
Small Business Owners
Master of Business Administration, Finance
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Economics Concentration)
The U.S. economy is back; well kind-of. While we're not talking about the expansion witnessed through 1998-1999, the U.S. economy is gaining momentum after a ....
In October 2014, the New York Supreme Court decided two cases in which discounts for lack of marketability played a significant role. These cases ....
June 17, 2014
Bradford Taylor, Advisory Services Director and Daniel Roche, Advisory Services Manager, Interviewed in The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Article, "As Intangible Assets Grow In Prominence, Methods To Value Them Evolve."
The Editor interviews Daniel Roche and Bradford (Brad) Taylor, - Marcum LLP.
May 19, 2014
Article Authored by James Ashe, Partner-in-Charge, Advisory Services, Stephen Lassar, Tax & Business Services Partner and Daniel Roche, Advisory Services Manager, "Valuing Publicity Rights and Other Intangible Assets of Authors"
The "Right of Publicity" is in the news again, this time in regards to the high-profile "image and likeness" asset of Michael Jackson. One of ....