Marcum LLP’s Media and Entertainment Practice can help your company successfully navigate this evolving marketplace to solve your business issues and realize your goals.
The media and entertainment industry faces unique issues driven by ever-changing technologies, distribution models, consumer behavior, digital privacy and runaway production in today’s volatile economy. Marcum’s Media and Entertainment professionals have the experience and deep industry knowledge that is crucial to keeping clients ahead of these changes and providing value added solutions.
Our Media and Entertainment Practice has a proven track record of success serving companies in the following industries:
- Film production/distribution.
- Individual talent.
- Digital entertainment.
- Post production/editing.
- Animation companies.
- Internet content providers.
- Live entertainment.
- Recorded music.
- News agencies and syndicates.
- Radio and television broadcasting.
In addition to traditional assurance and tax services, Marcum professionals provide many value added services, including:
- 404 consulting.
- Royalty and participation audits.
- Film library valuations.
- Film forecast modeling.
- Forensic expert witness testimony.
- GAP financing.
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Revenue recognition.
- Consultation on complex accounting issues.
- Family office and business management.
- Production/talent tax issues.
- Domestic production deduction.
- Non-qualified deferred compensation plan.
- Film amortization.
- Multi-jurisdictional tax minimization and savings strategies.
- Representation in taxation authority audits and appeals.
- Transfer pricing.