When your organization faces external or internal threats related to financial crimes, unethical business conduct, regulatory scrutiny and integrity risks, Marcum’s forensic advisory services professionals provide critical and insightful expertise.
Marcum’s experienced professionals quickly and confidentially assess complex situations, identify and evaluate evidence, investigate events, conduct interviews, and prepare supportable reports that can withstand assessments by regulators, courts, and other external stakeholders. Our team includes:
- Certified Public Accountants.
- Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Chartered Financial Analysts.
- Forensic technology specialists.
- Former federal law enforcement professionals.
- Finance specialists.
- Audit and risk professionals.
Law firms, boards of directors, senior management, and compliance and audit executives frequently engage Marcum.
- Accounting irregularities and restatements.
- Response to regulatory concerns (e.g., SEC, DOJ, IRS, FDIC).
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption concerns (e.g., Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act).
- Financial or operational internal controls failures.
- Asset tracing and forensic accounting.
- Misappropriation of assets (e.g., Ponzi schemes, embezzlement).
- Whistleblower allegations.
- Digital forensics.
- Data analytics.
- Fraud and corruption risk assessment.
- Anti-fraud and anti-corruption compliance program design.
- Evaluation of bribery and corruption exposure stemming from mergers and acquisitions.
- Third-party risk management.
- Royalty audits and other contractual audit rights.
Monitorship and Receivership
- Independent monitors pursuant to regulatory directive (e.g., DOJ, SEC, State Attorneys General).
- Receivers appointed by a court, regulator, or private party.
Related Insights & News
Select the region to view contacts.