High-level wealth requires high-level stewardship
Building a business and acquiring wealth took ambition, skill, and determination. Maintaining your wealth requires that same level of skill and attention to accomplish lifetime objectives, reach your philanthropic goals, and preserve your legacy.
The wealth-management concerns of highly resourced individuals and families are often complicated and unique. Marcum’s hand-selected wealth-preservation team is comprised of professionals who understand the complex issues you face as you work to manage and preserve your wealth through multiple generations. Our dedicated team approach brings you assurance and peace of mind that you are employing specialists who approach your personal engagement with sophistication, maturity, dynamism, and efficiency.
Tailor solutions to your circumstances
In the crowded market of wealth stewardship, Marcum goes far beyond traditional services. We call on the complementary experience and acumen of our dedicated professionals to achieve the unique wealth management goals of families managing multi-generational fortunes. We set ourselves apart with a cohesive, collaborative approach that enables us to tackle the most complex projects.
Count on us for:
With specialized resources within our team, even esoteric issues can be resolved quickly by the most capable specialists available.
Harmony and collaboration.
In addition to our dedicated team, we appreciate the value added by wealth advisors, attorneys, governance partners, and brokers. We’re teamed with these and other complementary areas so when you need their services, they’re already on your side.
We are in touch with, and on top of, emergent industries (such as digital currency), resulting in unique, proactive advantages for our clients.
Our custom approach to wealth management encompasses the intellectual resources necessary to address needs ranging from building family offices to monetizing events.
What the Practice Does
Working with the Firm’s professionals in corporate, flow-through, family office, international and state and local taxation, we provide the full spectrum of tax and wealth management solutions for high net worth private clients.
Marcum’s hand-selected team is made up of professionals who understand the complex issues you face as you work to manage and preserve your wealth through multiple generations. Our dedicated team approach brings you assurance and peace of mind that you are employing specialists who approach your personal engagement with maturity, dynamism, and efficiency.
- Prepare customized financial statements including cash flow analysis, income statements, balance sheets, and budgets
- Bill paying
- Specializing in the management of multiple personal properties
- Facilitate luxury lifestyle financing
- Household payroll services, including benefit administration
- Assist with related entity administration: partnerships, trusts, corporations, and charitable foundations
- Reconcile investment portfolios
- Assist with bank, brokerage and third-party cash and securities transfers
- Insurance reviews
- Customized “Life Book” cataloging advisors, bank accounts, investments, current balance sheet and income statements, insurance and benefits, analysis of charitable donations, and personal legal documents
Personal Income Tax Services
- Tax planning and consulting including entity structures for business liability and tax planning purposes (limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and S and C corporations)
- Tax controversy assistance
- International tax planning
- Quarterly estimates, extensions, and tax returns
- Federal, state, and local income tax returns for individuals and entities
- Required U.S. reporting information for foreign transactions
- Federal and state tax compliance and audit representation
Estates & Trusts
- Trust and estate planning
- Complex generation-skipping transfer tax issues
- Sophisticated income, gift and estate, and fiduciary tax return preparation
- Gift and income tax minimization
- Recommendations for planning techniques to effectuate desired goals
- Succession planning and review of buy-sell agreements
- Estate and lifetime gift plans for high net worth individuals, including resident aliens
- Liquidity analysis for estates with illiquid assets
- Valuation of family partnerships and other entities for transfer tax purposes
- Trust and estate judicial and non-judicial accountings
- Assist executors in navigating the estate administration process
- Mediate family disputes over inherited or inheritable assets
- Ensure third-party trust and estate administration and legal services are high-quality and cost-effective
- Advise trustees of U.S. and foreign trusts regarding tax compliance issues for U.S. and foreign beneficiaries
- Charitable strategies using private foundations, donor advised funds, charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts
- Sophisticated gifting and estate planning strategies
- Structured gifts such as university chairs, fellowships, trusts, and annuities
- Engaging heirs in philanthropic endeavors
- Prepare and file application for recognition of exemption
- Prepare foundation tax returns, including unrelated business income tax returns, if applicable
- Prepare and file quarterly excise taxes
- Perform full charge bookkeeping, financial statement preparation and accounting services
- Manage charitable activities including grant making, compliance of 5% distribution requirement, and expenditure responsibility
- Oversee public disclosure compliance and governance
- Oversee compliance regarding prohibited transactions—self dealing, jeopardizing transactions or excess business holdings
Insights & News
Select the region to view contacts.