It takes the right team to help you bring an initial public offering (IPO) to a successful close—underwriter, banker, auditor, and attorneys. It’s an attractive option to raise equity – but the journey isn’t easy.
With one of the nation’s largest SEC audit practices, Marcum is the right choice to help you prepare your organization for the rigorous technical accounting and financial reporting required when you’re a public company. Our team provides strategic, tactical counsel, and experienced support and assistance in preparing for your IPO. We can cover it all from all aspects – financial, accounting, IT, and tax.
Without the right team, the journey to becoming a publicly traded company can be arduous, indeed. We’ve helped many complete the journey successfully. For more information, ask Marcum.
- Adoption and implementation of new accounting standards [i.e., ASC 606 (rev rec), ASC 842 (leases), etc.]
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnotes.
- Preparing and reviewing income tax provision footnotes and disclosures.
- Preparing all technical accounting memoranda required to support financial statement positions.
- Assisting with quarterly reporting, including cut-off, disclosures and presentation.
- Responding to inquiries from your independent, registered public accounting firm.
- Preparing narratives, including policies and procedures related to your business cycles and IT environment.
SEC Form S-1 Preparation
The S-1 gives the SEC and potential investors a detailed look at your business, up to three years of audited financial statements, possible risks, and planned uses for the funds raised. Our team will help you:
- Create SEC-compliant financial statements and disclosures, management’s discussion and analysis, capitalization and dilution tables, critical accounting policies, liquidity and capital resources, etc.
- Complete the S-1 by obtaining input from:
- Management (description of business)
- Legal (risk factors, list of exhibits, etc.)
Our thorough S-1 preparation services will include:
- Providing an auditor’s – lens advance review of the entire S-1 through process-related and value-added comments and editing.
- Coordinating Management, Legal and Audit Committee review of the entire S-1 and making the necessary edits.
- Advising management on the submission of the draft S-1 document to the SEC, responding to comment letters, and making necessary edits.
- Complete XBRL tagging.
- Coordinating the required information throughout the various phases leading up to your IPO, from the pre-effective stage right up through your go-live.